Tuesday 4 October 2011

Masters Degree Game Project Armour Attack

In this post I will show off a project that I worked on as part of my masters degree in games programming.

The purpose of this project was to take a retro video game and reinvent it for the modern age across multiple platforms(Windows, PSP and PS3), the game that was chosen was Armour Attack on the Vectrex. This project was broken up into three stages.

Stage1: Recreate the retro version of the game on windows.
Stage2: Create an evolved version of the game that is deployable to windows and PSP.
Stage3: Port the stage 2 retro game over to the PS3.

The videos below show are there to show the game on all three platforms.

Please note that I cannot provide source code for this project as I am under an NDA from Sony that I signed so that I could use their Dev Kits so sorry.

Also I apologize for the poor video quality of the PSP and PS3 videos the only way I could record the video was on my laptop webcam, believe me I tried everything else but the Uni did not have any recording software on the computers.

[Video:1][Evolved windows overview]

No comments:

Post a Comment